Comics Plus was purchased in memory of our friend and co-worker Mary Fries.
Shingles Vaccine Clinic
The Pennsylvania Department of Health will be holding a shingles vaccine clinic at the library on Monday, May 9, 2016 from 10 AM to 12 PM. You are eligible for shingles vaccine at Low Cost if you are 50 years and older AND: Underinsured (your insurance does not cover the vaccine) or Uninsured (no insurance). Please call Pennsylvania Department of Health at 610-250-1825 to register. You must register for this event, no walk-ins will be accepted.
Teens Design and Color Mandalas
Teens can create digitally or freehand their own mandalas and color them on Monday, May 9, 2016 at 6:30 PM. Please register at the Help Desk.
Recipe Swap Group
Join our **NEW** Recipe Swap group. The first meeting will be Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 6 PM. This initial meeting will be used to discuss what types of recipes we are featuring and to check out our cookbook selection, all in preparation for the actual first swap on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 6 PM. Space is limited, so register today!!
Friends of NAPL Yard Sale
Friends are having their Spring Yard Sale on Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 9 AM to 2 PM. We have 10'x10' spaces available for $10 and 10'x10' spaces with tables for $15. Sign up early as spaces are limited. We are also accepting item donations to be sold at the Friends table. There will also be hot dogs, baked goods and other refreshment available for purchase.
- FREE computer classes are held every Wednesday evening at the library! We also have free computer instruction Saturday mornings! Click here for more information
- "Tech Talk" is a program held on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30 to 2:30 PM. Participants should bring their iPads, Kindles, Nooks, or other tablets to the group. The staff will answer any questions you may have about using your device. No registration is required and the program is free. The next Teck Talk will be Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Blood Pressure Screenings are held the 2nd Monday of every month from 10 AM to 12 PM and are provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The next Blood Pressure Screening is Monday, May 9, 2016.
- The Adult Coloring Group meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month. The first meeting will be held Wednesday, May11, 2016 at 6 PM.
- The Civil War Discussion Group meetings are held every 3rd Wednesday of every month. The next meeting is Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM. The group is free and open to the public. If you have any questions or are interested in leading the group, please call the library.
- The Friends of NAPL meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM.
- The library's Book Discussion Group meets the 4th Wednesday of every month. They will be meeting on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM to discuss Ghost Singer by Anna Lee Walters. Please see our Adult Programs page for more information.
- Teen Lounge
Now OPEN!! The Community Room is open from 2:30-5:00pm Monday through Wednesday for teens ages 12 through 18 on days that school is in session. This space has comfortable furniture, iPads, netbooks and other computers to use for homework, social media, apps, gamest, etc. There will be staff members and volunteers on hand to help with reasearch, homework or tech questions. To sign out a device you need to bring an ID (School ID or Library Card) and you must have an Internet Policy Form signed by a parent or guardian on file at the front desk.
- Attention Homeschoolers:
If you would like to learn about the resources available to you from the NAPL, including online databases, please call to set up a tour and orientation session with our Children's Librarian Cheryl DiGiacomo or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ALSO AT THE LIBRARY
Did you know that the library collects:
* Food for the Northampton Food Bank
* We collect used ink cartridges for recycling.
* Redner's receipts.We receive 1% of the total of each receipt. The receipts must have the Redner's
Save-A- Tape total on them to be eligible.
The Friends of NAPL purchased a disc repair machine for the library! As a service to our patrons, we are willing to clean and repair your music CDs, DVDs, Books on CD, CD-ROMs, or system games for a donation of $2 each, limit 5 discs per month per patron. For more information, ask any library staff member.
Did you know...
we have Summer Reading Programs for all ages
If you like to read...
Joanna Fluke, try Diane Mott Davidson.
Please note that system maintenance begins at 11:00 PM and the online catalog may not work during this time.