Comics Plus was purchased in memory of our friend and co-worker Mary Fries.
Preschool Block Party!
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 10:00 AM Playing is learning! Play and build with our new block collection. Have fun, while at the same time; strengthen vocabulary, problem solving abilities, reading readiness, and social skills. Recommended for preschoolers ages 2 and up accompanied by an adult. No registration required.
Family Fun Day
Join us Saturday, June 4, 2016 from 9AM-12PM for our annual Family Fun Day which kicks off our Summer Reading programming. We will have sand art, sidewalk art, outdoor games and activities and much, much more. This event is free to all!! Summer reading registration also begins this day! Hope to see you there!
Summer Reading 2016
Summer Reading 2016 kicks off Saturday, June 4, 2016 with registration. We have Children's programs for ages 10 mos up to 11 years (5 grade completed). We also have a self paced summer reading club, where you earn prizes each week! Teen programs (6-12 grade) will include 2 different reading challenges and a variety of programs including smoothie making and Life Hacks. Adult programming is starting off with summer reading challenge, healthy lifestyle program, walking group and much more. Stop by the library for further information about all our summer programs.
Social Security Seminar
Join us , Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 6:30 PM, for a free Social Security Seminar with Paul Stocker CPA, NSSA, CAS. Since you can collect as early as age 62, the earlier you learn of you Social Security choices, a more informed choice you can make. Register at the Help Desk.
New Walking Group
To go along with this year's summer reading theme "Exercise you mind, Read" we are starting a new walking group. This group will get together every Wednesday evening throughout summer. Please register at the library help desk if interested in participating. And of course, it's FREE. :) An informational meeting will take place, Thursday, June 9 at 6 PM. The Walking begins Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM.
Nutrition and Healthy Living
On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 6 PM, Dr. Kaitlyn Connors will present Nutrition and Healthy Living. She will give tips on how to live healthy in a fast paced world as well as tips for healthy weight loss. Registration is required. Contact the library to sign up.
Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 6 PM - Join us on a fast-paced summer adventure as we make things fly, bounce, transform and soar while telling a series of stories bound to energize and engage! Throw on your labcoat and buckle in — you are about to experience the science of power and energy through several exciting, hands-on experiments that will have the audience laughing, learning and having fun! No registration required!
Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular Bus Trip
Friday, November 11, 2016 Ticket cost: $100.00 ** Price includes the bus and admission to the Show ‐ Orchestra Seating. The show starts at 11 a.m. and lasts about 90 minutes. Lunch is on your own. After the show you will have some time to sight see or shop. (We are leaving New York at 4 p.m.)The bus leaves from the Northampton Recreation Center promptly at 8:00 a.m. and arrives back at 6 p.m. Park at the Northampton Recreation Center, 1 Lerchenmiller Drive. Park in the lot to the left of the building and use the rows farthest from the building.Purchase your tickets from the Northampton Area Public Library (NAPL), 1615 Laubach Ave., Northampton, PA 18067, phone: 610‐262‐7537, website: www.northamptonapl.org/ Library hours are: Monday ‐ Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Saturday ‐ 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.** Ticket may only be used for the November 11, 2016 bus trip. It is an even exchange, no cash value, non‐refundable. Ticket purchase deadline is Monday, October 31, 2016. Your payment in full reserves your spot. Proceeds to Benefit the FRIENDS of NORTHAMPTON AREA PUBLIC LIBRARY.
- FREE computer classes are held every Wednesday evening at the library! We also have free computer instruction Saturday mornings! Click here for more information
- "Tech Talk" is a program held on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30 to 2:30 PM. Participants should bring their iPads, Kindles, Nooks, or other tablets to the group. The staff will answer any questions you may have about using your device. No registration is required and the program is free. The next Teck Talk will be Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Blood Pressure Screenings are held the 2nd Monday of every month from 10 AM to 12 PM and are provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The next Blood Pressure Screening is Monday, June 13, 2016.
- The Adult Coloring Group meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month. Adult coloring will be taking a break over the summer months. Regular group meetings will resume in November. See you then!!
- The Civil War Discussion Group meetings are held every 3rd Wednesday of every month. The next meeting is Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:30 PM. The group is free and open to the public. If you have any questions or are interested in leading the group, please call the library.
- The Friends of NAPL meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM.
- The library's Book Discussion Group meets the 4th Wednesday of every month. They will be meeting on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM to discuss Ghost Singer by Anna Lee Walters. Please see our Adult Programs page for more information.
- Teen Lounge
CLOSING!! The last day for Teen Lounge will be Wednesday, May 25, 2016. The Teen Lounge will reopen again in October with the date to be announced. The Community Room is open from 2:30-5:00pm Monday through Wednesday for teens ages 12 through 18 on days that school is in session. This space has comfortable furniture, iPads, netbooks and other computers to use for homework, social media, apps, gamest, etc. There will be staff members and volunteers on hand to help with reasearch, homework or tech questions. To sign out a device you need to bring an ID (School ID or Library Card) and you must have an Internet Policy Form signed by a parent or guardian on file at the front desk.
- Attention Homeschoolers:
If you would like to learn about the resources available to you from the NAPL, including online databases, please call to set up a tour and orientation session with our Children's Librarian Cheryl DiGiacomo or email her at email@example.com .
ALSO AT THE LIBRARY
Did you know that the library collects:
* Food for the Northampton Food Bank
* We collect used ink cartridges for recycling.
* Redner's receipts.We receive 1% of the total of each receipt. The receipts must have the Redner's
Save-A- Tape total on them to be eligible.
The Friends of NAPL purchased a disc repair machine for the library! As a service to our patrons, we are willing to clean and repair your music CDs, DVDs, Books on CD, CD-ROMs, or system games for a donation of $2 each, limit 5 discs per month per patron. For more information, ask any library staff member.
Did you know...
we have Summer Reading Programs for all ages
If you like to read...
Joanna Fluke, try Diane Mott Davidson.
Please note that system maintenance begins at 11:00 PM and the online catalog may not work during this time.