In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Questions - email@example.com
Web Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Director: Melissa Hawk - email@example.com
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - email@example.com
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Jane Yagerhofer
Secretary: Claudine Smith
Treasurer: Sharon Skrapits
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MINUTES
April 10, 2013
- Meeting was called to order at 7pm by Dan Belletti. In attendance: Dan Belletti, Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries, Claudine Smith, Melissa Hawk, and Karen Hein
- Motion to approve Walter Fries as a new NAPL Board of Trustees member made by Judy Odenwelder, and 2nd by Jane Yagerhofer.
- Report given by Marketing Strategy Sub-Committee on tagline and logo decisions. Committee also discussed with the Board the branding process and how logo idea and tagline choices were reached.
- New tagline suggested was--"Always Something New"
- Discussed contacting Alan Zerbe and asking for differenc color options for the tagline.
- Presentation of Fund Drive letter (draft) made by Melissa. This year there will be a letter format instead of a pamphlet as in years past. Final letter will be sent to Board for viewing prior to printing during week of 4/15.
- Information was presented about the Kutztown Web Design-a-thon that will take place Friday, April 12, and Saturday, April 13. Melissa will attend both days.
- Budget was reviewed and explained. Staff has asked about raises since there have been non since 2011. Raises will have to be tabled until a later meeting since the NASD budget has not yet been determined and what the NAPL will receive for the 2013-2014 year is unknown as well.
- Mention made of the interior design student project meeting at NCC on April 11.
- Discussed Service Recognition Policy. Several changes/additions were suggested. Motion to accept Service Recognition Policy made by Dan Belletti, 2nd by Judy Odenwelder.
- Reviewed Library Director's Report and Director of Operations Report.
- Noted that investment changeover from the American Goverment Bond Fund to a floating bond fund did take place and confirmation was received.
- Discussed fundraiser idea: a read-a-thon for the NASD elementary schools that would take place in January and February with prizes to be awarded in early March in conjunction with Read Across America. Ideas were mentioned for rules and prizes. Judy will run this by the District prior to any further action.
- Motion to adjourn at 9:26 bade by Claudine Smith, 2nd by Jane Yagerhofer.
Claudine Smith, Secretary