In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- email@example.com
Other Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Manager- email@example.com
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - email@example.com
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Jane Yagerhofer
Treasurer: Sharon Skrapits
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries, Donna Pinsley
Click here to see the Bylaws for the Northampton Area Public Library.
There is currently a vacancy on the Library's Board of Trustees. Click here for a description of the responsibilities of a Board member.
Northampton Area Public Library
Board of Trustees
Meeting Minutes for March 11, 2015
Present at meeting: Daniel Belletti, Sharon Skrapits, Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Donna Pinsley, and Karen Hein.
- Meeting was called to order by Dan at 7:30 PM.
- Motion was made by Jane Yagerhofer to accept minutes as read from February 11, 2015 and seconded by Donna Pinsley.
- Karen talked to Josh Burke at the Bethlehem Library regarding clearances, and we have until December 2015 as the deadline for clearances.
- Bethlehem is also paying for employees to get the clearances but not for the new hires.
- Volunteers who work directly with children would need clearances.
- Sharon will get the flowchart for Karen. (Sharon can’t find it right now.)
- Dan Belletti made a motion that for 2015, the library will pay for all clearances for employees of the library and volunteers who work with children according to requirements of the law. Donna seconded motion.
- Monies will be taken from the miscellaneous fund for this year, and we will re-evaluate next year.
- Karen found diversity statement for us to review and revise.
- Karen is going to circulate them out to us so we can choose one.
- A Knox Box is needed for outside of the library.
- Cost is estimated to be around $300 and will be taken from the miscellaneous fund, as this is a one-time payment.
50th Anniversary Celebration:
- Committee met on March 10, 2015.
- The celebration is going to be held down at Memorial Park.
- They went to the borough hall and reserved both pavilions for August 22, 2015.
- Still looking into entertainment including the possibility of magicians, rock bands, movies, etc.
- Leiser’s has inflatable screen for outdoor movie use.
- We will talk to Mr. Wolf from the Roxy to see if he would want to partner up.
- Rachel is scanning old pictures from library onto a flashdrive so that people will be able to reminisce.
Website committee update:
- Did not budget money for this.
- We will look into this further at the next board meeting.
- 3 to 4 dozen books damaged by leakages.
- All damaged items were placed in a separate section and a list will be sent to the insurance company.
- Insurance adjuster came and needs a list of everything that ServiceMaster and any other company did to help with the water damage.
- All proposals will be sent to insurance company.
- Probably remain closed through next week and maybe beyond that.
- Karen is going to let the school district know that we have to remain closed due to safety issues.
- Karen will also let the school district know when we are ready to reopen.
- Sullivan is getting a proposal ready.
- Electrician still needed to come in to check the lights and also do a proposal.
- Continuing education credits need to be completed.
- Documentation proof will also be necessary.
- It was decided that we are not going to put up a “No solicitation” sign for now. However, Karen will have something ready to explain to someone should the need arise.
- Annual report was filed and consultant said it looked good.
Motion to adjourn:
- Motion to adjourn was made by Sharon Skrapits and seconded by Donna Pinsley.