In case of inclement weather, please check Operation Snowflake or Channel 69's Stormcenter .
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Reference Questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Questions - email@example.com
Web Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations: Karen Hein - email@example.com
Children's Librarian: Cheryl DiGiacomo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Northampton Area Public Library
1615 Laubach Avenue
Northampton, PA 18067
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
President: Dan Belletti
Vice President: Jane Yagerhofer
Secretary: Claudine Smith
Treasurer: Sharon Skrapits
Other Members: Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries, Donna Pinsley
Board of Trustees for the Northampton Area Public Library
Meeting minutes for November 12, 2014
Present at meeting: Dan Belletti, Sharon Skrapits, Jane Yagerhofer, Judy Odenwelder, Walter Fries, and Karen Hein.
- Meeting was called to order by Dan Belletti at 6:40 PM.
- Motion was made by Jane to accept minutes as read from October 8th meeting and seconded by Sharon.
- Maintenance bill was paid ahead of time in order to get a discount.
- There is money in the computer fund to fix the water fountains.
- Blue Monkey – Going to be held on Monday, January 12th. We have to make the flyers and hand them out. We are also thinking about making baskets to raffle off. We also have to find out about a snow date just in case.
- Have a signature page added so that the employees can sign off showing that they have read and understood the procedures.
- Judy made a motion to adopt the social media networking policy as Longley suggested, and this was seconded by Walter. Motion carried.
- The sexual misconduct policy was not attached, and Karen is going to check with David Dunlap to see what other area libraries are using.
- Judy suggested that Jeanette Gilliland could look at the substitute list to see if anyone has a library science degree.
- Karen is going to contact Clarion University and Kutztown University to see if we can put up a job posting with their career outreach programs.
- We will be revising paragraph on requirements for applying for job.
- It will include Master’s in library science and library experience.
- Also include that candidate has demonstrated responsible administration or supervisory experience – preferred but not required.
- Karen will find out from state about whether or not you need a Certificate of Public Librarianship in order to be hired.
- Karen will ask the staff what they would like to see in a director, and how will they know when they have it. The employees will be able to respond anonymously in writing.
- Karen will revise the letter and send it out to the board for review.
50th Anniversary of library:
- Begin thinking about ideas for our 50th anniversary taking place in August of 2015, and a committee will be formed around February to begin planning.
- Board members are going to try and find contact people who would be interested in improving our website.
- Dan spoke with Jack Sullivan’s office, and they are going to come to a meeting to discuss finances at the January meeting.
- Sharon will call Assante’s to reserve our special annual Christmas meeting.
Motion to adjourn: Motion was made by Walt Fries to adjourn at 8:50 PM and seconded by Jane Yagerhofer.